The Allegro Papgayo is the only all-inclusive resort which is not located directly on the beach. However, the resort is situated on a peninsula that makes use of Playa Panama, to the north, and Playa Hermosa, towards the south, very easy. Since the hotel is elevated in hills, you will have dazzling oceans views and sunsets in the evening. You are also a day trip from some excellent attractions including:
- Las Baulas National Marine Park
- Santa Rosa National Park
- Guanacaste National Park
- Rincon de La Vieja Volcano National Park
For a limited time, you can receive 35% off on all-inclusive accommodations, which at $140 per night, is a total bargain. We have family members that just visited this hotel, with a group of young adults. They all had a great time, and because this group had large appetites, they certainly took advantage of unlimited food and drinks in the hotel restaurants and bars. We are sure the hotel lost money on this crowd!
✓ Business Center
✓ 24-hour front desk
✓ Audio-visual equipment
✓ Banquet facilities
✓ Billiards on site
✓ Business center
✓ Business services
✓ Complimentary breakfast
✓ Concierge desk
✓ Conference room(s)
✓ Currency Exchange
✓ Gift shops or newsstand
The Gulf of Papgayo is a great place to visit. You are within minutes of many popular beaches, national parks and golf courses. The amount of activities available are almost unlimited, as this part of Costa Rica is programmed to cater to North American tourists.
Activities Near Allegro Papagayo
- Surfing Lessons – Take surf lessons at nearby Playa Hermosa or Playa Panama in the beautiful Gulf of Papgayo.
- Kayak and Snorkel – Paddle and scuba around Capitán island and viewing undersea life in calm blue waters.
- Horseback Riding – Ride horses through the countryside on this half-day tour.
- Santa Rosa National Park – This tour include both the Hacienda Santa Rosa and walks through nature. Thereis monument constructed to mark the fall of William Walker to the rebel forces of Costa Rica.
- Palo Verde National Park – Watch monkeys, tropical birds and crocodiles in their natural habitat on boat tours.
- Tenorio River Whitewater Rafting (Class 3 & 4) – Take on huge white water with class III and IV waters on the Tenorio River.
- Arenal Volcano Tour – This is a day trip to Costa Rica’s most popular Volcano attraction.
- Barra Honda Caves Tour – This is a day trip south to the caves inside Barra Honda National Park on the Nicoya, Peninsula. If you want to stay the night, there are rooms and camp sites at your disposal.
- Rincon del la Vieja Volcano Guided Tour – This is a day tour with English speaking guides, where you can experience one of Costa Rica’s most notorious volcanoes and the village of Libería.
- Nicaragua Day Tour – Visit the old city of Granada, Nicaragua and experience a different side of Central America.